The following guidelines elaborate on the the standard structure of articles within the Empire Earth Wiki. Our guidelines were created in order to keep a consistent and readable format for our viewers. If you have any questions or suggestions about these guidelines, please contact an Admin on their message wall.
Article Creation Edit
Here on Empire Earth Wiki, we try to provide our readers as much information as possible. Be sure to add least a minimal amount of information to the page to give readers a satisfactory understanding of the page's subject. Simply filling out the infobox is not enough.
We make pages for everything in the game series, eg units, civilizations, scenarios, characters and so on. However, be sure to note:
- Before you create a page, be sure to check if someone has already created the same article under another similar title.
Article Naming Edit
All articles on the wiki should be named exactly like it is shown in game. This makes it easier for others to find and link to the page.
In the case of article subjects with the same name, the article created at a later date should specify its subject in its title, e.g. Novaya Russia the civilization and the scenario Novaya Russia (Scenario). However, if it is an article about a unit in Empire Earth III which shares its title with one from Empire Earth, the EE III version should have its title as "SUBJECT NAME (EE III)" regardless whether it was created before its EE I counterpart or not.
Article Layout Edit
The following guidelines detail the structure of pages within the category of:
Unit Infobox: Fill out whatever you can in it. If the unit has different appearances and stats over the epochs, fill out another infobox for each epoch and separate it with <tabber> tags.
- Description: The general description of the unit.
- Strengths: The strengths of the unit and how to counter it.
- Weaknesses: The weaknesses of the unit and how to get by them.
- Building Infobox: Fill out whatever you can in it.
- Description: The general description of the building.
- Scenario Infobox: Fill out whatever you can in it.
- Description: The general description of the scenario.
- Briefing: The official briefing from the scenario. To be taken from the briefing section of the intro screen.
- History: The official history related to the scenario. To be taken from the history section of the intro screen.
- Gameplay Conditions: The conditions to that particular scenario in gameplay terms.
- Starting Conditions: The game conditions you start with, such as the amount of resource in your inventories, the number and type of units you have etc.
- Civilizations: The elaboration on the different civilizations featuring in the scenario, be they ally, enemy or neutral.
- Strategy: The strategy used to win the scenario. Due to the dynamic nature of the game, there is no "correct" way to win. Other different strategies may be added to page, but are to be separated using the <tabber> function.
- Storyline: The scenario storyline, to be written in a "script" form.
- Gallery: Images from this scenario.
- Character Infobox: Fill out whatever you can in it.
- Description: The general description of the character.
- History: The history of the character within its scenarios. To be written in past tense.
- Epoch Infobox: Fill out whatever you can in it.
- Official Description: The "official" description of the epoch, taken from the manual.
- Description: The general description of the epoch.
- Units: List of units available.
- Technologies: List of technologies available.
- Buildings: List of buildings available.
- Civilization tabs: This should be placed on the main article and its resulting subpages.